Challenges in Astrophysics and Cosmology
- Finding galaxy clusters
- Searching for strong lenses
- Classifying galaxies and stars
- Optimizing survey observing strategies
- Simulating large-scale cosmic structure
- Lensing reconstruction in the CMB
Questions in Machine Intelligence
- How do we measure uncertainties in regression tasks?
- Can unsupervised learning be used to finding new phenomena?
- Can we control telescopes with reinforcement learning?
- How do we discern new physics from data-driven models?
Tools for the job
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Quantum Computing
- High-performance Computing